A Handful of July 3 Announcements
Roger is a member of The Motley Fool Blog Network -- entries represent the personal opinion of the blogger and are not formally edited.
Much news, little time:
1. The Motley Fool offices close at 1 p.m. today for the Independence Day holiday (it takes us a while to load up on our fireworks stash) and we'll be off all day tomorrow. Please adjust your expectations for post review accordingly.
2. Want to SPEND A DAY AT FOOLHQ getting hands-on instruction from our team of writers, investors, and editors on how to best position yourself for a writing contract with the Fool? Send an email to email@example.com to apply to join us at the Fool's Blogger Bonanza. Click here for more details.
3. This should seem like an obvious one, but PLEASE DON'T CHEAT OR STEAL. We've had a couple incidents recently in which we've discovered bloggers using the words and ideas of others without attribution. Remember, one of our guiding ideals is to write to make your mom proud. Plagiarism would not make her happy ... and it'll get you permanently barred from the Fool's blog network.
4. We have a contest for July -- REFER YOUR SMARTEST FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES to blog for the Fool. We already have a not-well-publicized referral program in place: if you put us onto someone, you get $200 when that person has their third post syndicated. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: your referral on the email, and introduce us.
As an added bonus for this month’s challenge, for every Editor's Choice that comes from one of your new referrals in July and August, you'll be entered into at A DRAWING FOR A $1,000 BONUS. And we'll toss in another $1,000 to the blogger whose referrals earn the most ECs overall. No funny business: signing up under your neighbor's name and writing for him invalidates you and also gets you banned from the network (sorry to be Admonishing Guy today).
5. And finally, we're enthusiastic to introduce TRACY STERLING AS OUR NEW BLOGGER RELATIONS FOOL. She'll be doing all sorts of work to ensure all your questions are answered and that you are the happiest, best-informed group of bloggers anywhere ever. She comes to us from the Fool's member services team, and she has a background and expertise in psychology, so she'll be able to get to the deeper meaning of "Why won't this company tickerize?" Just email email@example.com to reach her.
That'll do it. Have a happy, safe 4th of July and keep blogging like the wind!