UDR, Inc.

  • Make Money From Your Rent Increase - Buy These REITs

    By Michael Douglass - June 30, 2013 | Tickers: AVB, EQR, ESS, UDR

    As the economic recovery steadily marches on, young adults have accounted for “about 45% of net new jobs since 2010.” These younger workers are less likely to buy homes, in part because of job instability, and in part because of the substantial debt many are already carrying from college loans. Many young professionals gravitate toward apartments. Three Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are well-positioned to make the most of this more »

  • Another Reason To Like Big City REITs

    By Reuben Brewer - May 6, 2013 | Tickers: AIV, AVB, EQR, UDR

    As the economy slowly recovers from the deep 2007 to 2009 recession, it appears that big cities are creating more jobs than the suburbs. That's one more reason to like big-city real estate investment trusts (REITs) like Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR), Avalon Bay (NYSE: AVB), Apartment Investment & Management Co. (NYSE: AIV), and UDR (NYSE: UDR).

    A Long Trend

    There has been a long tend in job creation in The more »

  • An Industrial REIT With Major "B" Game

    By Reuben Brewer - April 29, 2013 | Tickers: PLD, STAG, UDR

    STAG Industrial (NYSE: STAG) shares offer a relatively hefty 5% dividend yield, even after a massive share advance over the last two years or so. Is it still worth buying this real estate investment trust (REIT)?

    STAG Industrial came public in early 2011. Since that time, the REIT has purchased around 80 properties in more than 30 transactions. That's a lot of activity in a short period of time more »

  • Micro Apartments Good For REITs

    By Reuben Brewer - February 11, 2013 | Tickers: AIV, AVB, EQR, UDR

    New York City is set to join Boston and San Francisco in allowing super small apartments to be legally built. While living in a 250 square foot apartment may sound horrible, it suggests that real estate investment trusts with a focus on crowded cities own great assets with plenty of rent growth potential.

  • Are These Bulked Up Landlords’ a Buy?

    By Matthew DiLallo - November 27, 2012 | Tickers: AVB, BAM, EQR, ESS, UDR

    Apartment REITs AvalonBay (NYSE: AVB) and Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) announced that they were jointly purchasing the assets and liabilities of Archstone Enterprises from Lehman Brothers.  This $16 billion deal will have AvalonBay acquiring 40% of the assets with Equity taking the remaining 60%.  This is a big deal for both companies but does it make either a buy?

    For AvalonBay they reiterated their 2012 outlook while announcing that they more »

  • Buy High Yield REITs to Profit from "The Rental Generation"

    By Jonathan Yates - August 26, 2012 | Tickers: AIV, EXR, MAA, PSA, UDR

    It used the be that "The American Dream" was home ownership. 

    After the crash in the real estate market during The Great Recession, however, emerging from the brick and mortar rubble has been the "The Rental Generation," according to a recent article in Bloomberg Businessweek.  Real estate investment trusts ("REIT") positioned to profit from this development will reward investors with both a high dividend income and strong total return.

    REITs more »

  • Rental REITs are a Good Choice in a Bad Housing Market

    By Kevin Gill - August 8, 2012 | Tickers: AMTG, AEC, AVB, HME, IVR, MAA, UDR

    If you’re like me and you believe that the market for housing ownership will be noticeably depressed for years to come, than you want to look at rental REITs. REITs (real estate investment trust) can be in slightly different forms. The type to embrace in this market deals exclusively with rental properties. Being a part of a rental REIT allows an investor to make money off of the surge more »

  • Ex-Dividend Date Reminder For January 09, 2012

    By DividendYields - January 6, 2012 | Tickers: ORCL, PDCO, UDR, WAYN

    Here is a current overview of best yielding stocks that have their ex-dividend date tomorrow. If your broker settles your trade today, you will receive the next dividend. The ex-dividend date is a major date related to the payment of dividends. If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or later, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before more »