DEUTSCHE TELE AG ADS

  • A Key Victory in the Battle for the European Cable Market

    By Mike Thiessen - June 28, 2013 | Tickers: DTEGY.PK, LBTYK, VOD

    After a surprisingly contentious bidding war that received relatively little press in North America, British telecom giant Vodafone (LSE: VOD) appears to have won the right to purchase Germany cable conglomerate Kabel Deutschland (KD8) over Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA). Although Vodafone's initial offer was more than 5 percent lower than Liberty Global's, Kabel Deutschland appeared to prefer its structure. As a larger company with an international reach, Vodafone more »

  • High-Speed Network Development in Europe Is Slow, But Steady

    By Nick Chiu - June 9, 2013 | Tickers: DTEGY.PK, TEF, VOD

    Europe needs to boost its mobile network. According to a report by the GSMA industry group, Europe is behind the U.S. in its efforts to boost phone bills and upgrade networks. Wireless phone bills in Europe have continued to decline since 2000, while U.S. carriers have reversed the falling trend since 2010.

    Vodafone boosts its investment

    Due to the weak economic outlook, European carriers are less willing to more »

  • Playing the Verizon Wireless Buyout

    By Anh HOANG - May 2, 2013 | Tickers: DTEGY.PK, VZ, VOD

    For several months, Wall Street has recognized the hidden value in Vodafone (NASDAQ: VOD) due to its 45% stake in Verizon Wireless, and it has been speculating about the chance that Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), Verizon Wireless’ 55% owner, would purchase the remaining 45% from Vodafone.

    Now, the rumor seems to come closer to reality. Although Verizon Communications has not made any official bid yet, the company has hired advisers more »

  • T-Mobile's "Uncarrier" Model Could Disrupt the Mobile Phone Industry

    By Jordan Wathen - March 27, 2013 | Tickers: AAPL, T, DTEGY.PK, S, VZ

    Have you ever met anyone that likes their mobile phone bill?

    A mobile phone bill is second only to utility bills for driving customers absolutely wild. Users know they're getting the screw, but with very little price competition for years, there was little a customer could do about it until now.

    T-Mobile's new pricing strategy

    What if you could buy a phone and a plan separately to save more »

  • Is Vodafone Cheap Now?

    By Anh HOANG - March 12, 2013 | Tickers: DTEGY.PK, VZ, VOD

    Since the end of February, Vodafone Group’s (NASDAQ: VOD) share price has risen by nearly 10%, from $24.55 per share to $27 per share. The significant share price increase was due to the possibility that Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) could buy out Vodafone’s 45% stake in Verizon Wireless. So how much is Vodafone really worth when its 45% stake in Verizon Communications is taken into account?

    Business more »

  • Why Apple Should Buy T-Mobile

    By Dustin Willard - February 25, 2013 | Tickers: AAPL, T, DTEGY.PK, GOOG, VZ

    By now everyone knows that Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has gobs and gobs of cash. The $137 billion question is what should they do with it? Also by now everyone has realized that Deutsche Telekom AG’s (NASDAQOTH:DTEGY) T-Mobile USA has a problem keeping the same female in leather for their commercials. It also has a problem competing against Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and AT&T (NYSE: T) but those are more »

  • T-Mobile Drops Subsidies: What Does it Mean for the Smartphone Market?

    By Adam Levine-Weinberg - January 11, 2013 | Tickers: AAPL, T, DTEGY.PK

    In a few months, T-Mobile USA (a unit of Deutsche Telekom (NASDAQOTH: DTEGY)) will no longer offer subsidies in return for customers committing to two-year contracts.  Phone subsidies have long been a major feature of the U.S. wireless market, particularly for smartphones.  An unlocked base-model iPhone 5 from Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) retails for $649, but can be purchased for just $199 along with a two-year contract from AT&T more »

  • A Tour of Countries: Germany

    By Alexander MacLennan - December 28, 2012 | Tickers: DDAIF.PK, DLAKY.PK, DTEGY.PK

    We live in a global economy, and, as investors, we have a broad choice of investment options in international markets. Whether it be for diversifying away from a purely U.S. based portfolio or for following new growth opportunities, the world abounds with chances to profit.

    In this series entitled A Tour of Countries, I will provide one example in each country explored of a manufacturer, an airline, and a more »

  • A Marriage Made in Heaven

    By Chris Jones - November 9, 2012 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, S, VZ

    This company is using a new method of bringing subscribers to help propel their company.  Being the first one on the block to use this method has already shown huge possibilities.  With less than two months of using this method it has already added thousands and higher revenue.

  • Telecom Growth on the Cheap

    By Daniel James - November 6, 2012 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, TEF

    Due to the persistent European debt crisis, and the fact that many European blue-chips are now trading at very low multiples, Europe may turn out to be the place for bargain hunting this holiday season. Many investors are understandably still skeptical about investing in Europe at the moment, which is why I would generally recommend consumer staples and utility/telecom stocks at the moment. Telefonica (NYSE: TEF), a Spanish telecom more »

  • Thanks Apple: Verizon Still Leads the Mobile Industry

    By Chris Marasco - October 24, 2012 | Tickers: AAPL, T, DTEGY.PK, S, VZ

    Not surprisingly, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) helps the profits of some mobile carriers.  When Apple releases a new iPhone, it creates a flurry of buying; for example, after Apple’s release of the iPhone 5, Apple sold 3.1 million phones through Verizon (NYSE: VZ). Of those phone sales, only 651,000 were of the iPhone 5; sales of Apple’s older, reduced price models comprised the rest of sales.  Of more »

  • T-Mobile Merger Shakes Up Sprint, Leap

    By Tony Daltorio - October 5, 2012 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, LEAP, S, TMUS

    The competitive landscape for U.S. telecoms is changing -- particularly once you look past the two top players, Verizon and AT&T (NYSE: T). Witness the recently announced merger between MetroPCS (NYSE: TMUS) and T-Mobile, which is a subsidiary of German telecommunications giant Deutsche Telekom AG (NASDAQOTH: DTEGY.PK). 

    MetroPCS is focused on the low-cost, pre-paid part of the U.S. telecom market, while T-Mobile is currently running a poor more »

  • Peter Lynch Would Love This Telecom Stock

    By Soroush Pour - July 17, 2012 | Tickers: CMGE, DTEGY.PK, DCM, TEO, TEF, VOD

    In the annals of contemporary financial folklore, there may not be an investment guru as admired as Peter Lynch.  Contrary to the beliefs of most of his peers, Lynch believes that you, the everyday investor, can beat the Street because of your independence.  See, while professional money managers live and die by their yearly returns, the average Joe is able to keep plugging along, investing in companies for the long more »

  • Deutsche Telekom's Achilles' Heel

    By David Danna - May 25, 2012 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, S, TMUS

    T-Mobile USA has been in rough shape these last few years, especially after the takeover attempt by AT&T (NYSE: T) failed. They have been losing customers consistently and it is an open secret that their parent company, Deutsche Telekom, is not happy with T-Mobile’s performance.

    T-Mobile makes up roughly 25% of Deutsche Telekom (NASDAQOTH: DTEGY.PK) and thus is large enough that Deutsche Telekom needs good performance from more »

  • US Telecom Companies: "FCC, We Have a Problem"

    By Tony Daltorio - May 14, 2012 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, S, VZ

    The mobile internet is ushering in great changes for the main players in the US telecom industry. Not long ago, the companies – Verizon (NYSE: VZ), AT&T (NYSE: T), Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) and T-Mobile USA, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom (NASDAQOTH: DTEGY.PK) – were pushing their customers to sign up for unlimited data plans. 

    Their marketing ploy worked too well and these same companies now have a major problem more »

  • AT&T -- T-Mobile Deal Off, Is Sprint Next?

    By Tim Brugger - December 20, 2011 | Tickers: T, DTEGY.PK, DT, DISH, S, VZ

    After nine months of haggling with the FCC and U.S. Justice Department, AT&T (NYSE: T) has given up in its bid to acquire T-Mobile USA from Germany’s Deutsche Telekom AG (NASDAQOTH: DTEGY.PK). The $39 billion offer was officially taken off the table after the market close yesterday, and the cost is going to be steep. AT&T is about to pony up one of the largest more »