The Most Valuable Company of All Time!!
aromita is a member of The Motley Fool Blog Network -- entries represent the personal opinion of the blogger and are not formally edited.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has become the most valuable corporation in the whole world (worth $600 billion). The fastest and the thinnest iPhone i.e. iPhone 5 is on sale from 14thSeptember starting from $199. The new iPhone sports a 16:9, 4 inch “retina” display, is 20% lighter than the previous iPhone 4S, and has the ability to surf a high-speed 4G LTE wireless network. Google’s Android has become the most-used mobile operating system in the world whereas Apple’s key supplier and rival lead in the smartphone sales.
Apple’s rivals were the first ones to market with the phones that have bigger displays or run on faster wireless networks. Finally Apple has blocked that gap with its new phone which displays a much larger screen & also 4G capabilities that runs on the fifth version of the smartphones. Analysts have forecasted sales between 10-12 million in the very first month alone.
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) is pushing its Windows Phone 8 operating system as a third alternative to Apple’s iOS 5 and Google’s Android. Nokia (NYSE: NOK) is also launching its Lumia 920 and smaller Lumia 820 to compete with the Apple iPhone 5. It has partnered with Microsoft to use its operating system Windows Phone 8 which also promises to provide faster performance & customizable start up screen and a vast number of new features and new technological innovations. Windows phones have 3.7%, Android phones have massive 68%, while Apple has 17% (and growing) share of the global smartphone market.
Why should you go for iPhone 5???
1) CAMERA: - It has the new iSight camera which is smaller, hardier and the front facing camera is bumped up to a 720p version & the Video recording is at 1080p. The panoramic mode is however to watch out for as it would darn together a landscape shot in real-time and would create an image up to 28 mp in size.
2) BIGGER SCREEN: - It showcases 16:9, 4 inch screen which is slightly longer than its predecessors & has 1136 x 640-pixel resolution which means a better gaming and viewing of pictures, videos and movies.
3) SLEEKER BODY SIZE: - The aluminum & glass gives it a super aesthetic and sophisticated look with metal buttons making it look real classy. It would also be hardier than the previous models. It provides a much firmer grip and feels amazing in the hand.
4) BATTERY LIFE:-It would provide 8 hours of 3G browsing time, 8 hours of talk time, and 10 hours of video playback which shows the endurance of the battery has improved outstandingly.
5) PERFORMANCE: - The new A6 processor is very fast and removes the lag of the previous iPhone 4 when a user tried to do even slightly complex stuff with the devices had to wait. The iOS6 brings an ocean of features and would also have a new mapping software of its own which would be turn by turn voice map reading and the phone’s virtual assistant SIRI would be giving the directions. They have also upgraded their old earphones to the new EarPods which given a much better sound quality and have three microphones.
One major change happening in iPhone 5 is getting a new connector to attach to computers and chargers. They call it the Lightning port which is smaller and shaped differently from the old one. Therefore it means the old accessories won’t be compatible with the new iPhone which could be annoying for the users. Talks are doing the rounds where they would soon come up with an adapter to work with older accessories. However, if we see from the positive side it would open doors for the accessory manufacturers for Apple products which is already considered a vast and lucrative business and has generated sales worth $2 billion in the previous year in the US alone.
The level of hype around the iPhone 5 is known to all. It is indeed a trustworthy, instinctive package which would get kudos for its software and hardware reliability. It is solid, has a strong design, LTE speed, and the already proven camera which gets finer and better by leaps and bounds. The iTunes and over 700,000 apps store vigor, and the new iOS with turn-by-turn voice navigator definitely makes it impressive; but would it sell it like hot-cakes?? We need to be patient and watch out if history would repeat itself and Apple would reach another astonishing milestone.
Know What You Own
The stakes are high and the opportunity is huge after Apple’s introduction of the iPhone 5, so to
help investors understand this epic Apple event, we've just released an exclusive update
dedicated to the iPhone 5. By picking up a copy of The Fool’s premium research report on Apple, you'll learn everything you need to know, and receive ongoing guidance as key news hits. Claim your copy today by clicking here now.
tanukar has no positions in the stocks mentioned above. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple and Microsoft. Motley Fool newsletter services recommend Apple and Nokia. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.If you have questions about this post or the Fool’s blog network, click here for information.