Looking back at recent 12 months stock market rally, one cannot overlook the absent of long time performing Chinese stock Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU), which was named the Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) of China. We got used for Baidu to outperform technology sector and NASDAQ index. We got used to Baidu beating analyst estimate quarter by quarter but, recently, this is not the case. So, what does it mean for Baidu? Is more »
Recent event for Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has been exciting and confusing at the same time:
From one hand:
- IPhone5 has been announced, Pre-Orders crossed 2m in the first 24 hours, people are waiting at Apple stores all over the world to get the new device and there is plenty of time left till the end of the quarter!
- IOS 6 came out on Sep 19th, 2012.
- Apple won the more »
Once you mention the name Amazon, you cannot deny that: Every one, and I mean everyone on planet Earth is familiar with the name, everyone knows what Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) does and if you'll check closely' you'll find that many have also purchased various goods using Amazon's service and I'll bet they were extremely happy with the service they got! I know I was many times more »
Along the years, investors and media channels adopted simplified earning season criteria for earning results analysis:
- Quarterly revenues - compared to analysts estimates.
- Earnings per share - compared to analysts estimates.
- Next quarter / future guidance
In seconds from earnings release, the share price responds only to these numbers! Share prices can drop or increase by a high percentage and immediate investor reaction can be dramatic.
This behavior is common; Most of the more »